March 08, 2016

Marimekko for Target


















Ok, this is a second post about Marimekko in a row, but I can't help it - since I'm  writing my thesis about Marimekko, it seems as if this company is (almost purposely) continuously coming up with interesting news. But after this post I will take my head out of Marimekko's poppy field, promise.

Now for the news: On March 2, Target, one of the biggest retail chains in the US,  announced a new design partnership with Marimekko which means that the goods sold at Target will be adorned with Marimekko patterns. The goods will hit the stores pretty soon, on April 17 to be exact.

After that I heard the news for the first time I felt bummered that the collaboration takes place in the US (and therefore the chances were big that the collection would be unreachable for me). But no worries, it seems that Target ships internationally! So maybe I will end up putting that lovely black-and-white dotted bag in my cart...

Source: Target and Apartment Therapy
Photos from Marimekko

No comments:

Post a Comment