February 23, 2016

Marimekko goes tropical







Va-Va-Voom! was my first reaction when I saw the pictures of the s/s 2016 home collection of Finnish Marimekko. Maybe a rather strange choice of words (or thoughts?), but that was genuinely my reaction - really, not kidding. Probably the reason of why I was blown away by these pictures is because they don't represent the Marimekko I'm used to see; namely, Marimekko as a pop of colour in a bare and minimal interior, often described as Scandinavian interior (I don't fully agree with this idea, but I won't discuss it here any further). This time Marimekko took over the Bondi home of renowned Aqua Bumps photographer, Eugene Tan (which is by the way rentable via Airbnb). And what a difference does the change of environment make! This home collection is the first one made under the watch of Anna Teurnell, the creative director of Marimekko, and I have to say - job well done!

Does anybody else feel the urgent need to eat a kilo of oranges and book a trip to somewhere warm after seing these pictures like I do ?

Photography by Jacqui Turk
Sources Mr Jason Grant and the Interiors Addict


No comments:

Post a Comment