September 16, 2016

Scandinavian Living magazine - My impression


Yesterday I heard the news that finally a Scandinavian lifestyle magazine has been brought to the Netherlands with a focus on design, interior and architecture - called as Scandinavian Living. I found this really exciting since I had already noticed a long time ago that the Dutch are incredibly fascinated by Scandinavia.

Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed by the magazine. Despite the title 'Scandinavian Living' the first number was almost completely dedicated to Danish living: all shown buildings and homes were from Denmark and every introduced designers were Danish as well. On the other hand this is little surprising since the Scandinavian Living is made in collaboration with the Danish magazine Bo Bedre. Although it is interesting to read about the Scandinavian living from the Danish point of view, I think that the current content does not correspond with the title of the magazine. In other words, Scandinavian Living misses its original purpose - to show how Scandinavians live.

I really hope that in the future this magazine will be more versatile and will also tell more about Swedish and Norwegian design news & homes (and deep inside I hope Finland and Iceland to be included as well, although they're not officially part of Scandinavia - but these two countries still have a close historical and cultural ties with Denmark, Norway and Sweden). Because there's a lot happening too! We'll see which direction this magazine will take from now on.

Photo from April and May

No comments:

Post a Comment