October 04, 2015

Nice to meet you.

Art history student with a passion for architecture and design. Hopeless aesthete. Born in Finland, now living in the Netherlands. With these three simple sentences I would like to introduce myself.

So why kotona? In Finnish, kotona means 'at home'. For me, personally, this means I am at home in two different places: in Finland where I was born and raised, and in the Netherlands, the country in which I settled five years ago for my love. But furthermore, I am interested in the relationship between human beings and the built environment. What does the interior of our homes tell about us? How do the companies promote 'the home'? And lastly, which factors make a building a 'home'?

On this blog I will write about architecture, interiors and design, from both contemporary and historical perspective. The topics will mainly arise from the Nordic countries, but may occasionally wander to Europe and even as far as to Japan. From time to time I will also share my love for simple and beautiful things in life.

Welcome. x

No comments:

Post a Comment